Australian Partner Visa

Partner Visa

The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) allows your spouse/partner to live in Australia. The sponsor must be

  1. an Australian citizen.
  2. an Australian permanent resident.
  3. an eligible New Zealand citizen.

In some circumstances, the visa can be granted where your partner relationship has ended.

The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801). You must be in Australia when you apply and also when this visa is decided.

You lodge one application form for your temporary and permanent visas and pay one application charge. Your application is processed in two stages, about two years apart.